Monday 26 April 2010

The Rig


As previously mentioned a visit to a rig manufacturer plus a few very minor changes to the rig plan (addition of some lowers) I can finally finalise the rig and start talking sails. The sail profiles may modify a little as and when we go sailing but I think that we are pretty close; a nod towards an open 60 style roach profile. I am hoping that Gerry will add a few comments on the sails (as he will be the man making/finishing them!).

I am also getting a lot of emails (which is a good thing!) regarding costs and plans. It is my intention to supply a complete study/build pack (the plans) as well as to team up with a CNC cutter team who can provide a full kit (IKEA style!) - the usual model for bome builds. I also want to pass on the development we are doing with any third party supplier (such as the rig, sails, appendages) so we can offer full off the shelf packs for these as well as the plywood for those that are interested.

Watch this space and thank you for all the ongoing support and interest!

No comments:

Post a Comment